Applications Engineer – Solantro Semiconductor
You will be part of the Sales / Marketing / Product Management team.
You will provide technical support to Solantro’s customers in all phases of their product life-cycle, including: IC selection / system development
/ product certification and mass production introduction.
Your responsibilities include:
- opre-sales opportunity identification and competitive analysis
- osystems architecture review and design-in management
- opilot production and certification support
- oon-going life-cycle technical support
- oend-of-life transition
Internally you will work with all functional groups within Solantro: Sales and Marketing, H/W Engineering, IC Engineering, Operations, Quality / Reliability.
Your primary responsibility is to provide direct customer support by doing whatever is necessary to secure a design win and help the customer ramp to production.You
will provide pre and post sales technical support on Solantro’s ICs, evaluation boards, development tools, H/W and S/W.
- Identify and create reference designs using Solantro products
- Develop and manage evaluation boards and demonstration kits
- Generate application notes, user guides and other product support documentation
- Answer customers’ technical questions
- Develop / review customers’ designs for specific applications
- Provide guidance or solutions to technical problems
- Support FAEs and remote applications teams,
- Help with failure analysis (FA) as needed.
You will work with customers’ engineers to identify and resolve any technical or performance issues with passing relevant certification (eg. UL, FCC, NEC)
and entering mass production.
Review and verification of customers’ hardware designs and schematics
Perform lab measurement and debug of customer systems
Analyze competitor products and perform performance benchmarking
- Develop application literature: data sheets, lab reports, and product release notes
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years experience with mixed-signal semiconductors in power conversion / management applications.
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging schematics
- Experience with software development for embedded products
- Good understanding of high voltage power supplies and measurement equipment.
- Familiarity with Solar PV, battery charging, and power distribution techniques
- Knowledge of relevant international standards, protocols and certification requirements
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) - ability to communicate with customers and work well with internal team members.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment, and manage multiple concurrent tasks with a minimum of supervision, driving to closure
- Demonstrated track record of delivering under pressure with a high degree of professionalism
- High degree of creativity, determination, innovation
- Knowledge of Solar PV (grid-tied and off-grid), Solar+Storage, nano/micro-grid installations - particularly in the residential and commercial segments.
- Knowledge of microcontrollers and ASIC design
- Technical expertise in Solar PV installations and standards, especially as they relate to grid-tied inverters such as: IEEE 1547, UL1741 VDE4105,
- Experience with troubleshooting PCBs and systems
- Familiar with schematic capture, and layout tools.
- Experience using solar simulators, power analyzers, scopes, and other lab equipment.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org